Tanqueray Gin Cupcake Recipe
To celebrate Taste of Dublin, Tanqueray Gin, our gin pouring partners, and The Cupcake Bloke have collaborated to create a tempting gin cupcake recipe.
A perfectly balanced treat for gin (and cupcake!) fans. Something to whet the appetite ahead of what the Bakery by the Cupcake Bloke has to offer at Taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰c and line a cupcake / muffin pan with 12 cupcake cases.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add all the other sponge ingredients and mix everything together with an electric mixer, until you have a smooth, pale and well-combined mixture. This will take about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in the lime zest, coriander and gin.
- Divide the mixture into the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 18-20 mins until golden brown. Check using a clean skewer inserted into the middle of each cake comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the buttercream, whisk the softened butter until super soft then slowly add the icing sugar until it is all combined, whisk with the electric whisk for a further minute until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Finally add the gin and mix well.
- Spoon or pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate with fresh lime wedges.
For the cupcake:
220g self-raising flour
1 rounded teaspoon baking powder
4 large eggs
220g caster sugar
220g butter, very soft at room temperature
1Tbsp Tanqueray Gin
1 Lime, zested
2/3 Coriander Sprigs, finally chopped (optional)
For the buttercream frosting:
250g butter, very soft at room temperature
500g icing sugar
Tanqueray Gin 2-4 Tbsp