Spiced Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- Preheat your oven to 180C (160C fan / 350F/ Gas 4)
- Grease the 2 lb bunt tin and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar, butter and oil until combined and creamy.
- Gradually add the eggs, mix well.
- To the above mix, add the golden syrup and treacle and mix until combined.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, bread soda, salt and spices together.
- Add half the flour and mix, to this add the coffee and again mix.
- Finish with the remaining flour and grated ginger and give it one final mix.
- Pour this batter into the prepared tin and place in the center of the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Check with a skewer to ensure it's baked fully.
- Remove and rest in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter, icing sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
- Once light and fluffy, add the cream cheese and combine but don't over mix at this point.
- Spread this on top of the cooled bundt cake and garnish with festive Christmas cookies, dried oranges, candy cane etc
- 125g brown sugar
- 160g butter
- 80ml rapeseed oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 140g golden syrup
- 60g treacle
- 300g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bread soda
- Pinch salt
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 250ml cold coffee
- 20g grated fresh ginger
- 150g butter
- 150g icing sugar
- dash vanilla
- 100g soft cream cheese
Luca De Marzio shares one of his pasta favourites; using fresh casarecce pasta and some deliciously fiery nduja sausage.