- Melt butter, add shallots, sweat and reduce, add a sprig of thyme and garlic. Sweat. Add apples, let them cook for 6-8 minutes
- Deglaze the pan with Calvados.
- Add chicken stock & let simmer for 20 minutes, reduce by half.
- Add cream & finish with cornflower to thicken
- Finish with a blitz and a pass through a chinois to smooth.
- Season to taste.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cooking apples
- 1lt of chicken stock
- 3 shallots
- 450 ml of apple cider,
- 20 ml of brandy or calvados
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 10g cornflour
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic paste seasoning.
Luca De Marzio shares one of his pasta favourites; using fresh casarecce pasta and some deliciously fiery nduja sausage.