Pollo Al Ajillo
Spanish Chicken in Garlic Sauce
- Put the chicken in a small bowl and season with salt, pepper, hot and mild pimenton. Rub the pimenton and the chicken with your fingers.
- Add the flour and mix it well coating the chicken with it.
- Place a pan on the hob pour the oil and turn to medium-high heat. Wait until the oil starts smoking and lay the chicken in the pan leaving a gap between the pieces.
- Turn to medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes. Flip the pieces of chicken and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- With a spoon, take half of the oil out of the pan and discard. Add the dry chilli and the garlic and stir.
- After 15 seconds pour the brandy on the pan and reduce for 20 seconds.
- Pour the wine and reduce until the alcohol is evaporated. Turn the stove off
- 2 Chicken breast skin on (cut into 6 pieces)
- 1tsp mild pimenton
- 1tsp hot pimenton
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 50ml olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 dry chilli
- 15ml brandy
- 30ml white wine
- 10ml sherry vinegar
- Small bunch of flat parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper