In A Pickle
As part of our cookalong with home chef, Guy Sinnott Catch created the 'In A Pickle' cocktail -- They created a drink that would not overpower the food and uses ingredients that would enhance the flavours in the burger, hence the choice of clean-tasting belvedere vodka and the gherkins syrup as to reflect the ingredients! Check out Guy's Pickle-Brined Fried Chicken Sandwiches!
- Place the martini glasses in the freezer
- Wash your hands and the cucumber. cut a slice of at 45-degree angle and make a small incision at the bottom of the wedge so it can sit on the rim of the glass. get 30 ml of juice from the lime and set aside.
- Cut a large wheel of cucumber, about 3 inches in size. cut it in cubes and then muddle it at the bottom of the jar with a muddler or the base of a bar spoon, add all the ingredients, pack with ice and shake vigorously for 15/20 seconds.
- Fine strain inside the chilled martini glass.
- Garnish and serve immediately.
- 50 ml Belvedere vodka
- 50 ml fresh Irish apple & ginger juice
- 15 ml lime juice
- 15 ml pickled gherkins syrup
- 2 inches of cucumber
- garnish: cucumber long wedge