Paella Del Cantabrico
- Pour the olive oil in the paella pan and heat and then add the squid
- Cook until brown and add the prawns. Once they have a bit of colour take the prawns out of the pan on a plate.
- Add the peppers and cook for about 2 minutes and then toss the garlic and stir well for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the tomato sauce and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and mix well coating the rice with the sauce. After a few seconds add the stock, saffron and paella spice. Season just with salt and stir very gently.
- Once the paella starts boiling turn the fire down to a medium-high fire. It is very important it does not stop boiling. After 3-4 minutes add the petit pois making sure they are distributed equally over the paella.
- After 5 more minutes place the clams, mussels, prawns and fish and turn the heat down a bit
- Taste and season if needed. Let the rice absorb all the liquid. If the rice is still undercooked you can add a bit of hot water but is not recommended.
- Let it rest for 3-5 minutes and top with parsley
- 400g Spanish rice (bomba rice is ideal)
- Fish stock/ double volume of rice
- 200gr squid diced
- 12 fresh clams in the shell
- 12 mussel in the shell
- 12 prawns
- 200gr white fish diced
- 1 small green pepper chopped in strips
- 1 small red pepper chopped in strips
- 2/3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4tbs tomato sauce
- 50 gr petit pois
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 pinch paella spice
- 1tbs chopped parsley
- 30ml Olive oil