Mark Moriarty's Risotto Cacio e Pepe
- Heat a heavy-based saucepan, add some olive oil, and begin to softly cook the shallot and garlic without adding colour.
- Once softened, add some salt, followed by the rice and cook over medium heat for 1min.
- Increase the heat before adding the white wine.
- Once reduced, begin adding the stock ladle by ladle over high heat, until the rice is just softened buy hasn’t turned to mush. It should only take 8-12minutes from wine to finish.
- Add the last ladle of stock so the mix is soup-like in texture. Finish by adding the cheese, pepper, butter and sauce.
- Mix this through and allow the risotto to rest for 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt and lemon juice. Serve warm.
- 160g Arborio rice
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 300ml dry white wine
- 2 litres warm chicken stock
- 20 pepper, crushed
- 100g parmesan cheese
- 20g butter, diced
- 50ml beef sauce