Luau Prawn & Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
- In a medium saucepan bring coconut milk, coconut water and salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add in rice, cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer until liquid has been absorbed, about 15 - 18 minutes.
- Remove rice from heat and let rest off heat 10 minutes. Then cool down completely.
- While the rice is resting, heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and 1/2 tsp sesame oil in a wok or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add red pepper and spring onions to wok and sauté until peppers are tender about 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and ginger, then toss in prawns, ham and pineapple and let cook on high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Scoot everything in pan to one side. Add remaining 1/2 Tbsp of oil and 1/2 tsp sesame oil to the now-empty side of skillet.
- Add eggs, season lightly with salt and scramble and cook until just set.
- Add in rice, spring onions and coriander and drizzle in soy sauce and toss everything.
- Serve warm with sriracha if desired.
- 1 Pineapple
- 1 Lb of Raw King Prawns, peeled & cleaned
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed well and drained well
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water or water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup spring onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups diced ham (or smoked bacon)
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup spring onions & fresh coriander
- 1 Tbsp soy or tamari sauce, (more to taste)
Spring onions, fresh coriander, roasted seaweed, black and white toasted sesame seeds, black pepper.