Luau Prawn & Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
- In a medium saucepan bring coconut milk, coconut water and salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add in rice, cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer until liquid has been absorbed, about 15 - 18 minutes.
- Remove rice from heat and let rest off heat 10 minutes. Then cool down completely.
- While the rice is resting, heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and 1/2 tsp sesame oil in a wok or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add red pepper and spring onions to wok and sauté until peppers are tender about 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and ginger, then toss in prawns, ham and pineapple and let cook on high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Scoot everything in pan to one side. Add remaining 1/2 Tbsp of oil and 1/2 tsp sesame oil to the now-empty side of skillet.
- Add eggs, season lightly with salt and scramble and cook until just set.
- Add in rice, spring onions and coriander and drizzle in soy sauce and toss everything.
- Serve warm with sriracha if desired.
- 1 Pineapple
- 1 Lb of Raw King Prawns, peeled & cleaned
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed well and drained well
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water or water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup spring onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups diced ham (or smoked bacon)
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup spring onions & fresh coriander
- 1 Tbsp soy or tamari sauce, (more to taste)
Spring onions, fresh coriander, roasted seaweed, black and white toasted sesame seeds, black pepper.
Luca De Marzio shares one of his pasta favourites; using fresh casarecce pasta and some deliciously fiery nduja sausage.