Flourless Almond Chocolate Cake
Try this mouthwatering recipe at home!
- Preheat oven to 350FH/180C/Gas Mark 4.
- Line 2 X round 23cm springform tins with parchment paper.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil & place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over it to melt. Do not allow the bowl to make contact with the water.
- When melted remove from the heat & allow to cool.
- Whisk the eggs & caster sugar until the mixture has doubled in size. This takes approximately 10 minutes so use a handheld mixer to make life easy!
- Gently fold the ground almonds into the egg & sugar mix. Then add to the cooled dark chocolate. Continue to gently fold everything together.
- Divide the mixture into the 2 tins & bake for 15-18 minutes.
- It is ready when a skewer is inserted into the centre & is dry when removed.
- Allow to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack.
- When completely cooled, sandwich together with freshly whipped cream & berries.