Karan Mittal's Chicken Tikka
- Set oven temp to: 200C, 400F, Gas 6
- Clean the chicken thighs and remove any extra fat.
- Cut the thighs into small pieces.
- Make the first marinade by mixing all of the listed ingredients in a bowl. Add the chicken thighs and coat well.
- Leave to marinate for at least an hour.
- When ready, remove the chicken pieces and allow the excess juices to drain.
- Next mix the chicken pieces with the ingredients for the 2nd marinade and keep aside for at least 2 to 3 hours, overnight preferably.
- When ready to cook, skewer the chicken and cook in a very hot oven for about 20 minutes.
- Then remove the chicken skewers, baste with melted butter and oil and return to the oven to cook for a further 5 minutes or until tender.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven and brush with some melted butter and chaat masala before serving. enjoy with mint chutney.
You can apply the same marinade for making tandoori broccoli, peppers, cauliflower and onion as well. They taste delicious!
- 400g chicken thighs
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 40g ginger garlic paste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp dried fenugreek powder
- 80g/3oz greek or hung yoghurt
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp toasted cumin powder
Luca De Marzio shares one of his pasta favourites; using fresh casarecce pasta and some deliciously fiery nduja sausage.