Firehouse Bakery Sourdough baked Brie with Garlic and Thyme
For this recipe I am using Wicklow Farmhouse’s Wicklow Ban. One wheel will serve two.
- Cut the Brie across its circumference.
- Place one half of the brie rind side facing up into the centre of the dough pushing down lightly.
- The dough should come up around the sides of the cheese.
- Using the tip of sharp knife make several incisions into the cheese.
- Stuff each incision with a slice of garlic and sprig of thyme. Season with a little sea salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes.
- The dough should be crisp and the centre of the cheese melting like a fondue.
- If using a larger wheel of cheese the baking time will increase slightly.
- Allow to cool slightly, enjoy!
12 to 14 minutes
Fresh sprigs of thyme
Luca De Marzio shares one of his pasta favourites; using fresh casarecce pasta and some deliciously fiery nduja sausage.