The Cupcake Bloke's Chocolate Orange Pavlova
- Preheat the oven to 140°C
- Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper and mark out an 8inch circle
- In a clean, dry bowl whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the cocoa powder into the meringue.
- Spoon tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared trays.
- Bake for 45mins.
- To make the chocolate cream, gently melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Whip the cream till it forms soft peaks. Allow the chocolate to cool, then add 2 tablespoons of whipped cream into the chocolate. Mix well then fold that into the remaining softly whipped cream and orange zest, don’t stir too much or it may split.
- To serve, place one of the meringues on a serving plate, spread with half the chocolate cream and half the orange segments, place the second meringue on top, and cover with the remaining chocolate cream.
- To decorate, top with the plain whipped cream and decorate with the chocolate and orange segments.
For the Pavlova Base
4 egg whites
250g icing sugar
4 tsp cocoa powder
For the chocolate orange cream
150g milk chocolate
2 orange, Zest
2tsp, Icing Sugar
Segmented Oranges, from the two oranges above
200ml Whipped Cream