Conor Spacey's Tapache
This is a simple fermented drink for you to try at home that ensures you don’t waste any of your pineapples and introduces you to fermentation.
- In a pot bring your water to the boil and add in the sugar. Turn off the heat and stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved
- You can pour this into a Kilner jar or leave in the pot. Then add in your skins, core, cinnamon stick and crushed chilli.
- Cover with a paper napkin or thin cloth.
- Leave at room temperature, out of direct sunlight for 48 hours. If your kitchen is very bright you can place it into a dark cupboard.
- After 48 hours remove the skins and core (use in your compost bin) and filter into bottles.
- Seal the bottles and leave for another 48 hours to carbonate.
- This is lovely served chilled over ice or used as a mixer with rum …. Enjoy!