Try this tasty carrot burger recipe at home thanks to Ciara Brennan of Happy Food at Home
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Boil the carrots and potatoes until soft and leave to cool.
- Place carrots, potatoes, roast peppers, garlic purée, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and flax seeds into a blender and blitz until it reaches a lumpy purée consistency.
- Place it in a bowl and add the gluten-free oats and uncooked red lentils. With your hands mix everything together before taking a handful at a time and forming into flat patties or small balls. Add extra oats if you feel it is too dry or a little water if not wet enough.
- Place your chosen shapes onto a greaseproof baking tray.
- Bake burgers patties for 25 minutes. The smaller shapes should be checked after 15mins.
- They are ready when they are a little hard on the outside with a spring touch.
- Serve with your preferred usual burger accompaniment and/or with a salad.
- 1 bag of carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 large rooster potatoes peeled and halved
- 2 slices of roasted pepper (available in jars of oil in your local supermarket)
- 1tbsp garlic purée
- ½tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1½tsp salt
- 1tsps pepper
- 2tbsp flax seeds
- 250g gluten-free oats
- 500g red lentils
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce (optional)
Luca De Marzio shares one of his pasta favourites; using fresh casarecce pasta and some deliciously fiery nduja sausage.
Follow this super simple recipe to make some seriously tasty carrot burgers