Summer Berry Brioche Pudding
Have a look at this stunning recipe that chef Shane Smith created at Taste of Dublin 2019
- Line a 2lb pudding mould with clingfilm.
- In a pan, heat 200g of berries with the orange juice, zest, water, vanilla and sugar.
- Cook until the berries are soft and set aside.
- Remove the crusts from the bread and place one slice on the bottom and line the sides with 6 slices remembering to overlap them.
- Mix the remaining berries with the compote and spoon this into the centre of the pudding, pressing down and making sure to add all the liquid.
- Place another slice of bread on top and cover with the overhanging clingfilm and gently press down.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Serve with fresh berries and whipped cream
- 8 slices of day old brioche
- 650g mixed Irish Summer berries
- 1 large orange juice and zest
- 100ml water
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 60g caster sugar
Luca De Marzio shares one of his pasta favourites; using fresh casarecce pasta and some deliciously fiery nduja sausage.