- Mix flour, butter and brown sugar with your fingertips until a sandy texture is reached.
- Remove 250g of this mix and set aside for the topping.
- To the remaining mixture add the egg and mix until a smooth dough is formed.
- Line the base and sides of your 8” square baking dish with this dough and chill.
- Once this is resting, in a pot combine 200g of the fresh blueberries with the sugar and 150ml of water and cook until the blueberries break down.
- Mix this compote with the remaining blueberries and chill.
- Once everything is cold, spoon the blueberry compote into the lined dish and top with the remaining crumble and bake in the centre of a preheated oven at (180C / Fan 160C/ 350F/ Fan 4) for 45 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool and then enjoy!
- Use room temperature butter for better results.
- Seasonal summer berries of your choice can be used.
- 250g self raising flour
- 175g butter
- 175g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 600g fresh blueberries
- 50g brown sugar
Luca De Marzio shares one of his pasta favourites; using fresh casarecce pasta and some deliciously fiery nduja sausage.