Aloo Keema (Potato and Mince Lamb Curry)
Aloo Keema is a popular Pakistani & North Indian dish consisting of curried, minced meat (keema) and potatoes (aloo). This classic combo is deeply flavorful, comforting that you need to try!
- Add olive oil into a heavy based pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds and cook until the mustard seeds begin to pop.
- Add chopped onions and sauté for several minutes until the onions have caramelised, add ginger, garlic, green chilli cook for 2 minute.
- Add, 2tbsp oil into centre of the pan and dry fry the turmeric, garam masala and salt for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes and tomato puree cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add minced lamb, stir and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add 4 tbsp water and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chopped potatoes and frozen garden peas. Mix well and cover with a lid. Cook for 30 minutes over low heat or until potatoes are tender.
- Turn off heat. Mix well. Sprinkle with coriander right before serving.
- This is great served with naan, chapati or rice.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- Thumb tip size ginger
- 2 green chillies (deseed for less heat)
- ½tsp cumin seeds
- ½tsp mustard seeds
- 450g mince lamb or mice beef
- 1medium onion chopped
- ½tsp turmeric powder
- 1tsp garam masala powder
- 1tsp salt
- 2/3 plum tomatoes
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 300g potatoes chopped
- 150g peas frozen
- 3tbsp coriander chopped