- Peel the potatoes and cut into 2cm dice. Chop cauliflower into similar size.
- Heat the pan, add oil and then cumin seeds. As soon as the seeds sizzle, add the chopped onions.
- Sauté for 5 to 8 minutes, add ginger and green chilli, followed by the cumin powder and turmeric.
- Add potatoes and mix together. Season with salt, add in the water and cover the pan with a lid.
- When the potatoes are half cooked, add the cauliflower. Continue cooking until the cauliflower florets are almost tender.
- Add tomatoes, mix and check the seasoning. Finish with fresh coriander. Serve hot with parathas.
You can substitute cauliflower with a vegetable of your choice or available at home like green beans, frozen peas or broccoli.
- 400g diced raw peeled potatoes
- 400g cauliflower
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 20g ginger, finely chopped
- 4 green chillies, slit in half and seeds left in
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 100ml water
- Coriander, chopped, for garnish