Almond, raspberry and white chocolate galette
- For the pastry, cream the butter and sugar until pale in colour.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla essence.
- Finally add the flour and salt and mix.
- Add in water (if needed) until a smooth dough is reached.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Shape, wrap in cling film and chill.
- For the frangipan, cream the butter and sugar until pale in colour and add the egg and almond essence.
- Finally add the ground almonds and flour. Mix and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 165°C
- Knead the pastry to soften, divide in 4 and roll each into a round on a floured table (approx 17cm)
- Place on a lined baking sheet. Spoon some of the frangipan mix in the center (approx 50g) spread out leaving a border of 1 inch around the edge.
- Layer some of the raspberries and chocolate on top and gently fold the pastry over the fruit, pleating to hold in the fruit. Egg wash and sprinkle with flaked almonds
- Place in the center of the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature
- 250g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 150g butter
- pinch salt
- dash vanilla essence
- 1 egg yolk
- 65g butter
- 65g caster sugar
- 65g ground almonds
- 6g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 2 drops of almond essence
- 14 raspberries
- 100g white chocolate
- Egg wash
- Flaked almonds
Luca De Marzio shares one of his pasta favourites; using fresh casarecce pasta and some deliciously fiery nduja sausage.