The Irish Heart Foundation is Ireland’s national charity fighting heart disease and stroke through advocacy, research, prevention and care. We work to reduce the incidences of and deaths from heart disease and stroke by:
- Running health promotion and information campaigns on heart health and specific heart conditions
- Providing support services to people affected by heart disease and stroke
- Advocating for high-quality, equitable service provision
- Combatting childhood obesity
- Training professionals, the public and secondary school teachers and pupils in the life-saving skill of CPR
- Providing free heart health checks in the community, with a particular focus on disadvantaged areas and people at increased risk of developing heart disease
For more information, visit www.irishheart.ie.